Sunday, October 11, 2009

Quanta4 xdebug plugin

Hi Planet,

first, a short introduction: My name is Niko Sams, I'm from Austria. I have contributed to KDE for a while and ever since I planned blogging about - so here I am.

As a web developer and KDE user I need a good IDE. I use the great Quanta3 for years now, but it's dead now. So I started contributing to Quanta4 - well indirectly though various kdevelop plugins - those all will be used by Quanta4.
Yes - Quanta4 is not dead - we just need time (and developers).

What I've been working on recently is a XDebug (php debugger) plugin.


I started on this quite some time ago by creating a generic debugger infrastructure for kdevplatform - and port the kdevelop gdb plugin to that. In kdevelop3 every debugger plugin had it's own set of toolbars, views and everything - you can imagine how this looks like when you have 3 debuggers installed :D

For kdevplatform the common actions and views are now shared across debuggers.

Another important part was the new launch framework apaku introduced, with that we can have one Run » Launch Debug action that works for all debuggers. (Perhaps someone remembers the "Debug - Not yet working" action we had at the time of our latest KDevelop hack sprint)


You can follow the development here:

trunk/playground/devtools/kdevelop4-extra-plugins/xdebug
(for now only debugging local cli php scripts is supported)

16 comments:

  1. Great, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one hell of a cool announcement, just told my colleagues that this feature will end up in kdevplatform. Keep up the nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news...but when we will see a stable version? I wait from a long time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @gp: for a stable quanta we still have a long way ahead of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news... maybe ill give Quanta a second try sometime. Currently I use ZendStudio (but the 5.x-Series) for writing PHP-Code. And the Debugger Feature is a important part for me.

    Greetings from Styria :)
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Great to hear progress is still going on. I'd offer my help but as a beginner hacker It wouldn't be helpful to you. >.>

    So the best I can do is wish you good luck and look forward to your work. :)

    William

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really happy to read this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love to see a web browser support too.
    for this very useful feature :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi have there been any updates on this for kdevelop 4?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @winmutt:
    the code has been imported into the quanta repository. https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/devtools/quanta

    But I think not a lot happened there to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Niko

    Any chance this can get updated for Kdevelop? I really hate the idea of using eclipse :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. A huge thanks to you for sharing this Blog your blog content is very nice ,I have read your blog your blog information is very usefull
    Web Design Company India

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to read your post...Thanks for sharing such a nice information, its beneficial for me. I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Keep sharing.Web Design Company Bangalore | Website Development Companies Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post. Keep it up. Thanks for advice. It is wonderful information for me. Please visit https://goo.gl/EHWkgv

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! these are wonderful tips. Thanks for sharing them with us. Please visit http://goo.gl/eRIo26

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks To Share This Very Useful Information With Us. php training in jalandhar

    ReplyDelete